Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pumpkin is the flavor of the week

This past Sunday since we were planning on going to the later Mass, I made a nice big breakfast for the family. Pancakes, eggs, bacon and a batch of pumpkin pancakes. The kids avoided the pumpkin pancakes (I didn't complain because truth be told I made them for me:). When we got home from Mass the hubster was helping himself to the leftover pumpkin pancakes when Nolan decided he would try them, then Andrew jumped on board the eat-from-dad's-plate train followed quickly by Simon and Mary Kate. They loved them and unfortunately for dad, they ate them all up. They chose to eat them without syrup and revert back to medieval times by using their hands to clear his plate.

I have since been asked to share this recipe by a few people so here goes...
2 cups Bisquick
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
Mix above ingredients and set aside.
Thoroughly mix the following ingredients and then stir into the Bisquick mixture.
2 eggs
1 12-oz can evaporated milk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Scoop onto a hot griddle. The batter is VERY thick in comparison to regular pancakes and I ended up adding about 2 tbsp. water to the batter. When I scooped it onto the griddle, I had to spread it out a bit. I LOVE my counter top griddle! It looks something like this, unfortunately I don't think they make my version anymore. I consider the griddle one of the most important appliances in my kitchen since I can do 8 grilled cheese sandwiches at one time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment