Monday, February 23, 2009

Vlasic's anyone?

We went to a late Mass yesterday and were heading home around 2:00 trying to figure out what to have for lunch. But the kids were thinking ahead...

Andrew: "hey mom what's for dinner"
Me: "hmmm, I'm thinking horse poop and pickles" (side note - my mother referred to this as "HS&P" when I was growing up, so at least I didn't say "s")
Nolan: "but I don't like pickles!"
Simon: "I like pickles, I want pickles mom"
Hubby: "but how about the horse poop?"

Clearly, the kids just don't have the same immature sense of humor that we are still clinging too. Not one of them even giggled about what we were saying. Instead, when we got home and I was putting everyones lunch on the table, Simon looked at his pizza and said "no, I want pickles". So out came the jar O'Vlasic and eat away he did. Oh in addition to curry chicken salad and leftover pumpkin pancakes and then finally the pizza I had initially put in front of him. Yes he is the family garbage disposal (when it isn't being fed to the dog by Mary Kate).

No comments:

Post a Comment