Thursday, January 22, 2009

Downsizing hits the Park house

OK, no I didn't leave a kid at Target or follow through with the threat of giving the naughty one to my neighbor for a few weeks, but downsizing has hit our house. Now most people would not be too concerned that their kids vitamins went from a 220 count to a 200 count bottle, but in this family with 5 little ones that take 2/day that just cut us from a bottle that lasted 22 days to now only 20. The good news is that we don't always remember to take them, so I may get 30 days out of a bottle. Thank goodness for Costco!!



It is good to look carefully at packaging though. I was buying pasta a few months ago and noticed the size of the box was much smaller. After a closer look, I figured out that the boxes were now 12 oz packages versus the 16 oz (1 lb.) boxes that use to stock the shelves. Now I ask you, how often do you see a recipe call for 12 oz of pasta??? No, it usually a 16 oz box, so now do we split noodles?

1 comment:

  1. The one that irritates me the most is the yogurt. Have you noticed that they downsized the adult yogurt to coincide with the children's sizes? Should I eat 2 yogurts? That's too much. Stupid food people!

    ReplyDelete