Saturday, January 17, 2009

HOKIE Training Camp

Apparently, I missed the memo that the training camp for future HOKIE football players was to be held at the Park house this morning. Last night, before bedtime, the kids were listening to songs off their Dad's IPOD and specifically "Enter Sandman" by Metallica. He told the story of how before every VT home football game the fans and players would be jumping up and down to the first part of the song prior to running out on the field. Andrew picked up our HOKIE blanket and started practicing with his brother's running through the blanket. Once we had them wound up enough, we put them to bed and reminded them to sleep in until AT LEAST 8:00 am. Well that was wishful thinking! I heard them all in Andrew and Ri's room with the door closed as I snuck down to make breakfast at 7:30. At around 7:40, I heard music start to vibrate the floor above me and ran up to quiet the boys down before they woke up Mary Kate. Well to my surprise when I opened the door, I found all 4 boys jumping up and down on the bed to "Enter Sandman". My oldest and oh so intelligent one, quickly jumped off the bed to tell me how he was teaching the boys how to be HOKIE football players before they enter Lane Stadium.

Now how could I argue with that?

1 comment:

  1. Margaret! I LOVE your blog. It always makes me laugh and smile. You have a WONDERFUL family and I can't wait to meet them all next time we're in town. Keep the posts coming! Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete