Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm raising a school of sharks

3 of my 4 boys have had the distinct pleasure of trips to the dentist to have their first teeth removed, nothing serious just that the baby teeth are holding on for dear life even though the adult teeth have already come through. Not much pain involved with the extraction and then the rest of the teeth typically do what they are supposed to do and just fall out (read: sometimes get hit out by a younger brother).
Well now my oldest is pushing the gross button a bit far and has been walking around with a mouth that resembles a great white shark for awhile now. Adult tooth on upper left has come in but baby tooth was still hanging on for about 2 months now. A few weeks ago, out popped the teeth on either side, but that stubborn baby tooth was determined. Until today that is, when Andrew greeted me with 1/2 of his tooth while I was cooking dinner. Great, I thought, now I have to take him to the dentist to get the remaining piece out. Oh be patient Margaret, because as we all found out while he was eating his grilled cheese and tomato soup the remaining half of the tooth came out.
So now the question is, does he get more from the tooth fairy because the tooth is now in two pieces??

No comments:

Post a Comment