Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Penguins in Virginia

Well here it is, my first post.... the thought has been brewing for awhile and yesterday morning when we awoke in a frozen state and swore that there had to be penguins in our bedroom, the morning "Park Antics" began. Apparently, mischievious Mary Kate pulled a chair up to the thermostat on Sunday and not only turned the heat off, but turned the AC onto 61 degrees. We were FROZEN!! I did as best as I could to warm the house up - fireplace on, baking Riley's breakfast in the oven. I called Ri over to the table and found him laying on the heat vent trying to warm up. Sweet Mary Kate had no problem keeping warm because she has a space heater in her room and nice fleecy footed PJ's!

Once we were all thawed out, I was talking to a friend on the phone and when I told her the story her first words (after the laughter) were "you need to write a blog". I have also recently started to dust off the RD books and remove the cobwebs from the nutrition side of my brain to help Barbara Curtis of http://www.mommylife.net/ with the diet group that she has started. Barbara Curtis also gently encouraged me to start my own blog (thanks Barbara). I have another dear friend that I talk with daily and have been providing lots of surviving-pregnancy and parenting-boys advice to for the last 4 years, until recently she always referred to me as "I have this friend with 5 kids and she says..." She's told me countless times that I should write a book (yeah, No!) So here goes.... Who knows what this blog will become. I hope the Park Antics will provide some laughter to you. You can count on not finding a perfect writer, there will be many grammatical errors. Most things will be lighthearted, but I can get deep too!



Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Margaret -

    I am so glad to see you here!! You have so much to offer and you will find your niche quickly, I'm sure!

    love,
    barbara

    ReplyDelete